Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 17 cents per litre (cpl) to 120.7 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 5 April 2016, most BP sites are increasing their ULP price to 124.9 cpl (an increase of 20 cpl). Most Caltex, Caltex Woolworths, Coles Express and Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 123.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 35 sites selling below 110 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 25 cpl, which means you can save up to $15 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 98.9 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Forrestfield in the East;
- 97.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake and Caltex Woolworths Warnbro Fair in the South; and
- 97.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood and Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 99.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Midvale in the East;
- 99.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Rockingham in the South; and
- 99.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Malaga in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: