Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 9 cents per litre (cpl) to 122.6 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Thursday 8 January 2015, most BP, Caltex Woolworths, Coles Express sites and Puma Energy sites are increasing their ULP prices by 13 cpl to 124.9 cpl; and the majority of Caltex Woolworths sites to 123.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Tuesday and Wednesday and at their most expensive on Thursday and Friday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 112 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 26 cpl, which means you can save up to $15 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 109.1 cpl at Coles Express Forrestfield and Puma Energy Kalamunda in the East;
- 109.1 cpl at Puma Energy Armadale Central, Puma Energy Lynwood, Puma Energy Munster, Coles Express Karawara, Coles Express Waikiki, Caltex Woolworths Southern River and Caltex Woolworths Warnbro Fair in the South; and
- 109.1 cpl at Puma Energy Dianella, Caltex Woolworths Joondalup Winton Rd and Caltex Woolworths Morley Galleria in the North.
Thursday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 109.1 cpl at Puma Energy Kalamunda and Coles Express Forrestfield in the East;
- 109.1 cpl at Coles Express Waikiki, Coles Express Karawara, Caltex Woolworths South Lake and Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale in the South; and
- 109.1 cpl at Puma Energy Dianella and Caltex Woolworths Greenwood in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 550 808.
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: