Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 19 cents per litre (cpl) to 123.2 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 10 May 2016, most Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price to 128.9 cpl (an increase of 29 cpl). Most Caltex Woolworths sites are increasing their ULP price to 127.9 cpl, most Caltex sites to 126.9 cpl, most Puma sites to 125.9 cpl, most United sites to 121.7 cpl and most BP sites to 117.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today. If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 115 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 29 cpl, which means you can save up to $17 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 99.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart High Wycombe, Caltex StarMart Midvale, Caltex StarShop Stratton, Caltex StarShop Swan View, Caltex Woolworths Forrestfield, Coles Express Forrestfield, Coles Express Kalamunda, Coles Express Middle Swan, Coles Express Upper Swan Roadhouse, Puma Bellevue in the East;
- 99.4 cpl at Puma Burswood in the South; and
- 99.4 cpl at Puma Alexander Heights in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 99.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Midvale in the East;
- 105.9 cpl at Better Choice Naval Base in the South; and
- 101.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Wangara in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: