Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by 18 cents per litre (cpl) to 123.2 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 17 May 2016, most Caltex sites are increasing their ULP price to 129.9 cpl (an increase of 27 cpl). Most Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price to 128.9 cpl, most Caltex Woolworths sites to 127.9 cpl, most Puma sites to 126.9 cpl and most BP sites to 119.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today. If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 110 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 30 cpl, which means you can save up to $18 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 99.7 cpl at Caltex StarMart Midvale and Caltex StarShop Swan View in the East;
- 99.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Rockingham and Caltex StarMart Rockingham in the South; and
- 99.7 cpl at Caltex StarMart Ashby, Caltex StarMart Kingsley Drive and Caltex StarShop Wangara in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 106.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 99.4 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale, Caltex Woolworths South Lake and Caltex Woolworths Warnbro Fair in the South; and
- 99.4 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood and Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: