Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 20 cents per litre (cpl) to 127.1 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 24 May 2016, most Caltex and Caltex Woolworths sites are increasing their ULP price to 131.9 cpl (an increase of 28 cpl). Most Coles Express and Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 129.9 cpl, most United sites to 127.7 cpl and most BP sites to 124.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 35 sites selling below 119 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 26 cpl, which means you can save up to $15 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 102.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Midvale in the East;
- 102.6 cpl at Puma Parmelia in the South; and
- 102.6 cpl at Puma Alexander Heights in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 109.9 cpl at Better Choice Roleystone in the East;
- 105.6 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake and Caltex Woolworths Southern River in the South; and
- 105.6 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood and Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: