Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 17 cents per litre (cpl) to 129.2 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 31 May 2016, most Caltex and Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price to 133.9 cpl (an increase of 22 cpl). Most Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 132.9 cpl, most Caltex Woolworths sites to 129.9 cpl, most United sites to 129.7 cpl and most BP sites to 127.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still more than 40 sites selling below 120 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 27 cpl, which means you can save up to $16 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 106.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Midvale in the East;
- 106.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Rockingham in the South; and
- 106.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Malaga and 7-Eleven Wangara in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 106.9 cpl at Caltex StarShop Swan View and Caltex StarMart Midvale in the East;
- 106.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Rockingham in the South; and
- 106.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Malaga and Caltex StarShop Wangara in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: