Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 11 cents per litre (cpl) to 128.5 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 28 June 2016, most BP sites are increasing their ULP price to 132.9 cpl (an increase of 17 cpl). Most Caltex and Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price to 131.9 cpl and most Puma and Caltex Woolworths sites to 130.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still more than 35 sites selling below 118 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 27 cpl, which means you can save up to $16 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 110.4 cpl at Puma Gingers (Upper Swan) in the East;
- 109.7 cpl at United Myaree in the South; and
- 105.3 cpl at United Ellenbrook in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 115.0 cpl at Chidlow Growers Mart Liquor Store in the East;
- 109.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale and Caltex Woolworths Maddington West in the South; and
- 105.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Ellenbrook in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, call 1300 30 40 54.
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: