Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 10 cents per litre (cpl) to 124.7 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 19 July 2016, most BP and Caltex sites are increasing their ULP price to 129.9 cpl, an increase of 14 cpl. Most Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price to 127.9 cpl, most Caltex Woolworths sites to 126.9 cpl and most Puma sites to 125.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 113 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 29 cpl, which means you can save up to $17 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 107.5 cpl at 7-Eleven Midvale in the East;
- 99.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 99.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 109.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 103.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake, Caltex Woolworths Southern River and Caltex Woolworths Port Kennedy in the South; and
- 101.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart Bassendean, Caltex StarMart Northlands and Caltex StarShop Balga in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: