Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 12 cents per litre (cpl) to 124.3 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 26 July 2016, most Caltex Woolworths, BP, Caltex and Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 129.9 cpl (an increase of 19 cpl by Caltex Woolworths, 17 cpl by BP and Caltex and 16 cpl by Puma). Most Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price to 124.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 109 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 31 cpl, which means you can save up to $18 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 106.7 cpl at Puma Bellevue in the East;
- 100.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Warnbro Fair in the South; and
- 100.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 108.0 cpl at Chidlow Growers Mart Liquor Store in the East;
- 99.9 cpl at Vibe Armadale in the South; and
- 101.9 cpl at Coles Express Duncraig, Coles Express Wanneroo Pearsall and Coles Express Warwick in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: