Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 13 cents per litre (cpl) to 122.8 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 2 August 2016, most Puma, BP and Caltex Woolworths sites are increasing their ULP price to 129.9 cpl (an increase of 20 cpl by Puma and 18 cpl by BP and Caltex Woolworths). Most Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price to 124.9 cpl and most Caltex sites to 123.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still 35 sites selling below 110 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 32 cpl, which means you can save up to $19 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 103.7 cpl at Better Choice Stratton in the East;
- 97.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Southern River, Caltex Woolworths South Lake and Caltex Woolworths Port Kennedy in the South; and
- 97.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Ellenbrook, Caltex Woolworths Greenwood, Caltex Woolworths Joondalup Winton Rd, Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka and Caltex Woolworths Whitfords in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 105.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 97.7 cpl at Coles Express Brookdale and Coles Express Waikiki in the South; and
- 97.7 cpl at Coles Express Duncraig and Coles Express Warwick in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, call 1300 30 40 54.
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: