Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 17 cents per litre (cpl) to 119.1 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 16 August 2016, most Caltex and BP sites are increasing their ULP price to 125.9 cpl (an increase of 23 cpl by Caltex and 22 cpl by BP). Most Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 124.9 cpl, most Caltex Woolworths sites to 123.9 cpl and most Coles Express sites to 121.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today. If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 102 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 37 cpl, which means you can save up to $22 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 99.9 cpl at Caltex StarMart High Wycombe, Caltex StarMart Mundaring, Coles Express Forrestfield, Coles Express Kalamunda, Coles Express Middle Swan, Coles Express Upper Swan Roadhouse, Peak Glen Forrest, Puma Gingers (Upper Swan), Puma Midvale, Puma Mundaring and Puma Sawyers Valley in the East;
- 91.4 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale, Caltex Woolworths Maddington West, Caltex Woolworths South Lake and Caltex Woolworths Warnbro Fair in the South; and
- 91.4 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood, Caltex Woolworths Joondalup Winton Rd, Caltex Woolworths Morley Galleria and Caltex Woolworths Whitfords in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 101.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 91.4 cpl at Caltex StarShop Livingston (Canning Vale) in the South; and
- 91.8 cpl at Coles Express Duncraig in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: