Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 16 cents per litre (cpl) to 121.4 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 6 September 2016, most Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price to 129.9 cpl (an increase of 30 cpl). Most Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 125.9 cpl, most United sites to 125.7 cpl, most BP sites to 124.9 cpl, most Caltex sites to 123.9 cpl and most Caltex Woolworths sites to 119.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 106 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 34 cpl, which means you can save up to $20 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 99.9 cpl at Coles Express Middle Swan, Coles Express Upper Swan Roadhouse and Puma Midvale in the East;
- 95.1 cpl at Coles Express Brookdale, Coles Express Canning Vale and Coles Express Casuarina in the South; and
- 95.1 cpl at Coles Express Duncraig in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 105.0 cpl at Chidlow Growers Mart Liquor Store in the East;
- 95.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake, Caltex Woolworths Warnbro Fair, Coles Express Brookdale, Coles Express Canning Vale and Coles Express Casuarina in the South; and
- 95.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood, Caltex Woolworths Whitfords and Coles Express Duncraig in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: