Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 10 cents per litre (cpl) to 115.5 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Thursday 29 January 2015, most Caltex sites are increasing their ULP prices by 15 cpl to 118.9 cpl; the majority of BP, Caltex Woolworths and Puma Energy sites to 117.9; and most Coles Express sites to 116.9.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Tuesday and Wednesday and at their most expensive on Thursday and Friday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 35 sites selling below 106 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 20 cpl, which means you can save up to $12 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 99.9 cpl at Coles Express Forrestfield in the East;
- 99.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale and Caltex Woolworths Warnbro Fair in the South; and
- 99.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Joondalup Winton Rd in the North.
Thursday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 99.1 cpl at Coles Express Forrestfield in the East;
- 99.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths South Lake and Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale in the South; and
- 99.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood, Caltex Woolworths Whitfords, Coles Express Duncraig and Coles Express Wanneroo Pearsall in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 550 808.
END OF RELEASE
Media Contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: