Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 18 cents per litre (cpl) to 122.8 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 11 October 2016, most Caltex and Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price to 129.9 cpl (an increase of 30 cpl). Most United sites are increasing their ULP price to 127.7 cpl, most Caltex Woolworths and Puma sites to 121.9 cpl and most BP sites to 119.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 110 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 37 cpl, which means you can save up to $22 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 99.7 cpl at Caltex StarMart Midvale and Caltex StarShop Swan View in the East;
- 91.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale and Caltex Woolworths South Lake in the South; and
- 91.8 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Greenwood and Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 107.9 cpl at Better Choice Roleystone and BP 2go Morrison Road (Midvale) in the East;
- 92.1 cpl at Coles Express Casuarina and Coles Express Southern River in the South; and
- 92.1 cpl at Coles Express Duncraig and Coles Express Mount Lawley in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: