Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 11 cents per litre (cpl) to 129.1 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 15 November 2016, most Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price to 133.9 cpl (an increase of 15 cpl). Most BP sites are increasing their ULP price to 132.9 cpl, most Caltex, Caltex Woolworths and Puma sites to 129.9 cpl and most United sites to 129.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 30 sites selling below 120 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 19 cpl, which means you can save up to $11 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 113.4 cpl at Puma Midvale in the East;
- 109.9 cpl at Vibe Hamilton Hill in the South; and
- 109.9 cpl at Caltex Malaga Drive, Caltex StarMart Malaga and Caltex StarShop Wangara in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 114.0 cpl at Chidlow Growers Mart Liquor Store in the East;
- 115.7 cpl at Peak Kwinana in the South; and
- 115.9 cpl at Puma Neerabup and Yanchep Service Station in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
END OF RELEASE
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: