Avoid weekly Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol increased by around 11 cents per litre (cpl) to 129.4 cpl on Tuesday 14 June 2016.
FuelWatch encourages Perth drivers to fill up on Mondays to save money and avoid the weekly price increase.
On Tuesday 14 June 2016, most Coles Express sites increased their ULP price to 133.9 cpl (an increase of 16 cpl). Most Caltex sites increased their ULP price to 132.9 cpl, most BP and Caltex Woolworths sites to 131.9 cpl and most Puma sites to 130.9 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday.
If you need to fill up on Tuesday 14 June 2016, use FuelWatch as there are still 30 sites selling below 118 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 22 cpl, which means you can save up to $13 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP was available for:
- 111.9 cpl at Puma Gingers (Upper Swan) in the East;
- 110.9 cpl at Caltex Truckstop Maddington in the South; and
- 111.4 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Ellenbrook, Caltex Woolworths Greenwood and Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 115.7 cpl at United Roleystone in the East;
- 111.4 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Southern River and Caltex Woolworths Maddington West in the South; and
- 111.4 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Ellenbrook and Caltex Woolworths Joondalup Winton Road in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,500 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: