The Christmas/ New Year period is fast approaching and it is important to understand public holiday obligations for the festive season. This season's public holidays are:
- Christmas Day, Wednesday 25 December 2019
- Boxing Day, Thursday 26 December 2019
- New Year's Day, Wednesday 1 January 2020
Employers and employees should be aware of their employment obligations on these public holidays.
The Christmas – New Year 2019–2020 public holiday arrangements page provides:
- An overview of the Christmas/New Year public holiday arrangements
- Detailed information on public holiday arrangements for:
- State system award free employees
- Shop and Warehouse Award
- Restaurant, Tearoom and Catering Workers Award
- Hairdressers Award
For more information about employment obligations and entitlements on the upcoming public holidays contact Wageline on 1300 655 266.
Please note Wageline will be closed Wednesday 25 December 2019 to Wednesday 1 January 2020 and reopen on Thursday 2 January 2020.