The Christmas New Year period is fast approaching. This season's public holidays are:
- Christmas Day, Friday 25 December 2020
- Boxing Day, Saturday 26 December 2020 and Monday 28 December 2020
- New Year's Day, Friday 1 January 2021
When Boxing Day falls on a Saturday the next following Monday is also a public holiday under the Public and Bank Holidays Act 1972, however employment entitlements for public holidays will vary based on an employee's award coverage and employment arrangements.
Employers and employees in the state industrial relations system can visit the Christmas New Year public holiday employment arrangements page which provides:
- an overview of the Christmas New Year public holiday employment arrangements
- detailed information on public holiday arrangements for:
- State system award free employees
- Shop and Warehouse Award employees
- Restaurant, Tearoom and Catering Workers Award employees
- Hairdressers Award employees
Wageline can also answer questions about public holidays for state system employers and employees - contact Wageline on 1300 655 266.