FuelWatch: Avoid Perth petrol price rise
The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 16 cents per litre (cpl) to 127.4 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 25 October 2016, most Coles Express sites are increasing their ULP price to 135.9 cpl (an increase of 21 cpl). Most BP, Caltex, Caltex Woolworths and Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 129.9 cpl and most United sites to 129.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why we recommend filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still more than 30 sites selling below 114 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 33 cpl, which means you can save up to $19 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 104.4 cpl at Puma Midvale in the East;
- 102.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Canning Vale and Caltex StarShop Livingston (Canning Vale) in the South; and
- 104.4 cpl at Puma Joondalup in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 109.9 cpl at BP 2go Morrison Road (Midvale) and Puma Midvale in the East;
- 102.9 cpl at Caltex StarShop Livingston (Canning Vale) in the South; and
- 109.4 cpl at Gull East Perth in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 37,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, call 1300 30 40 54.
Media contact (Consumer Protection)
Share this page: