New form streamlines process for making an underpayment complaint

This announcement is for: 
Employee / workerEmployer

From today, employees who need to make a complaint to Private Sector Labour Relations about underpayments can use our new Underpayment of wages and entitlements complaint form. 

The new form is easier to complete and streamlines the process of providing initial information to the industrial inspectors at Private Sector Labour Relations.

Previously, state system employees with both a wages or annual leave underpayment and a long service underpayment had to complete two forms, but our new form covers all forms of underpayment of wages or leave under state employment laws.

Employees who believe they have been underpaid and are unable to resolve the issue with their employer can make a complaint to Private Sector Labour Relations via the new form. Private Sector Labour Relations is able to investigate alleged underpayments of:

  • WA award pay rates and leave entitlements; 
  • minimum pay rates and leave entitlements under the Minimum Conditions of Employment Act; and
  • long service leave entitlements under the Long Service Leave Act.

The new form and information on the process for making a complaint is available on the Making a complaint about underpayments page of the Wageline website.

Anonymous reporting of wage theft is also available via the wage theft website at

Labour Relations
Department News
14 Jan 2021

Last modified: