With Christmas not far away, now is the time for employers and employees in the state industrial relations system to check working arrangements for public holidays over the Christmas New Year period.
This season’s public holidays are:
- Christmas Day, Friday 25 December 2020
- Boxing Day, Saturday 26 December 2020 and Monday 28 December 2020.
- New Year’s Day, Friday 1 January 2021.
When Boxing Day falls on a Saturday the next following Monday is also a public holiday under the Public and Bank Holidays Act, however employment entitlements for public holidays will vary based on an employee's award coverage and employment arrangements.
The Christmas New Year 2020–21 public holiday arrangements page provides:
- An overview of the Christmas New Year public holiday payment arrangements.
- Detailed information on public holiday arrangements for:
- state system award free employees
- Shop and Warehouse Award
- Restaurant, Tearoom, and Catering Workers Award
- Hairdressers Award.
Opening hours for Wageline over the festive season
Wageline will be closed over the Christmas New Year period.
Closed: Friday 25 December 2020 to Friday 1 January 2021
Reopens: Monday 4 January 2021, 8:30am
During the closedown period, the Wageline call centre and Private Sector Labour Relations will not be available. You can find more information about your employment obligations and rights on the Wageline website.
When Wageline reopens on Monday 4 January 2021, you can call Wageline on 1300 655 266 with your employment arrangement queries.