With Christmas not far away, now is the time for employers and employees in the state industrial relations system to check working arrangements for public holidays over the Christmas New Year period.
This season’s public holidays are:
- Christmas Day, Sunday 25 December 2022 and Monday 26 December 2022.
- Boxing Day, Monday 26 December 2022 and Tuesday 27 December 2022.
- New Year’s Day, Sunday 1 January 2023 and Monday 2 January 2023.
When Christmas Day and New Year’s Day fall on a Sunday the following Monday is also a public holiday and when Boxing Day falls on a Monday the following Tuesday is also a public holiday under the Public and Bank Holidays Act 1972. However, employment entitlements for public holidays will vary based on an employee's award coverage and employment arrangements.
The Christmas - New Year 2022-2023 public holiday information page provides:
- information on which dates are observed as the public holidays for employers and employees covered by key WA awards
- detailed information on public holiday arrangements for:
- State system award free employees
- Shop and Warehouse (Wholesale and Retail Establishments) Award
- Restaurant, Tearoom, and Catering Workers Award
- Hairdressers Award.
Opening hours for Wageline over the festive season
Wageline will be closed over the Christmas and New Year period.
Closed: Monday 26 December 2022 to Monday 2 January 2023
Reopens: Tuesday 3 January 2023, 9am
During the closedown period, the Wageline call centre and Private Sector Labour Relations will not be available. You can find more information about your employment obligations and rights on the Wageline website.
You can call Wageline when it reopens from 9am, Tuesday 3 January 2023 on 1300 655 266 with your employment queries.