Workers' compensation

In Western Australia, all workers must be covered by a valid workers’ compensation insurance policy. The definition of a ‘worker’ is broad and extends to any ‘contract of service’ or ‘contract for service’ between a worker and employer. If an association is unsure whether its staff are classified as ‘workers’ or ‘volunteers,’ it should contact its insurer or insurance broker to confirm the organisation has the right coverage.

WorkCover WA is the government agency responsible for overseeing and regulating the workers’ compensation and injury management scheme in WA. For more information visit the WorkCover WA website or telephone 1300 570 937.