This page is for: 
TenantLandlord / lessor

Changes to BondsOnline are here including:

  • Improved privacy and cyber security - all BondsOnline users now have a separate sign-in with a unique email address.
  • All BondsOnline users now use a My Account portal to access BondsOnline. My Account allows for easy access to multiple WA government services.
  • All BondsOnline Account Administrators now use the WA Relationship Authorisation Manager (WARAM) to manage user accounts for staff in their agency/organisation. WARAM is designed to create and manage user accounts where a business entity has multiple staff accessing BondsOnline on their behalf.

More information is available from the BondsOnline sign-in changes FAQ page

BondsOnline is a fast, easy and secure way to manage residential tenancy bonds. It is available for licensed real estate agents, landlord organisations and individual landlords.

BondsOnline allows agents and landlords to:

  • lodge, make changes and release security bonds online; and
  • view records and access reports for bonds. 

Registering as an agent or landlord organisation

  1. Complete the Direct Debit Request (DDR) Service Agreement and agree to the BondsOnline Terms and Condition:
  2. Create an account via My Account.
  3. Submit a scanned copy of your DDR via BondsOnline.

Registering as an individual landlord

When the landlord is a person rather than a company, partnership, trust or cooperative, it is appropriate to register as an individual landlord.

Create an account via My Account and submit a request for access to BondsOnline.

What can real estate agents and landlords do in BondsOnline?

You can:

  • view bonds and eTransactions for bonds you manage
  • submit bond lodgements
  • submit changes to bonds including bond increases and changes to tenants
  • submit requests to release bonds
  • create reports on electronic funds transfers (EFT) and bonds records

Agents and landlord organisation can also manage different user access levels for auditing and separation of duties.

What can tenants do using BondsOnline eTransactions?

Tenants will have access to eTransactions initiated by their landlord or property manager, such as approve lodgement, changes to or a release of their bond. 

Tenants need to have an email and a mobile phone number to be able to use BondsOnline eTransactions. 

Can a licensed real estate agent submit a paper Bonds forms?

All licensed real estate agents must complete their bond transactions using BondsOnline. 

Paper forms can only be accepted under expceptional circumstances and must be submitted with a written explanation of why BondsOnline could not be used.

How do BondsOnline eTransactions work?

BondsOnline allows users to lodge, make changes to and release bonds by eTransactions. eTransaction use unique contact details to verify identity.

When a bond is lodged using eTransactions, anyone connected to the bond will be notified and asked to approve or request a change. This includes all tenants and additional landlords. It is essential to keep everyone’s contact details up to date with Bonds Administration. For more information, watch the video BondsOnline - Why tenant contact details are important in eTransactions.  

Who can I contact to find out more or get some help?

You can get help by:

  1. Watching a video from the helpful Your guide to BondsOnline (YouTube) series. 
  2. Reading the BondsOnline User guides.
  3. Contacting Bonds Administration team by email or call 1300 85 38 29

What do you do with my personal information?

Personal information collected by Bonds Administration is securely stored and only handled by authorised officers. We may also collect use and exchange your information where permitted or required by law. Bonds Administration management of personal information policy provides an overview of how your information is handled. 

Where do I get more general information about tenancy bonds?

More information is available from the links below:

Need some assistance?

Contact Bonds Administration by email or call 1300 853 829 with any questions you might have.

Please quote your bond reference number if you have one.

If you require the assistance of an interpreter, contact the Translating and Interpreting Service by telephone on 131 450 or visit

Last modified: