Builders and tradespeople

This page is for: 

All Australian businesses must comply with the Australian Consumer Law. This law also applies to the building industry. 

What Consumer Protection does

The Department of Energy, Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety provides advice and issues licences to other industry areas, such as:

  • Building and Energy: Builders, building surveyors, electricians, gas fitters, painters and plumbers
  • WorkSafe: People in asbestos removal, demolition and high risk work
  • Labour Relations: employers who are not 'constitutional corporations'

Last modified: