Consumer Protection licence and registration search
Search for a licensed car repairer, real estate agent, settlement agent, land valuer, car dealer, employment agent or debt collector.
You can also see if your favourite electrician (issued by EnergySafety), gasfitter (issued by EnergySafety) or plumber (issued by Plumbers Licensing Board) is licensed. To find a registered building service provider, contact the Building Commission.
Don't trust unqualified tradies or service providers. Protect yourself from being conned by checking they are licensed. There are 26 different types to choose from.
Or you can find a list of licensed service providers in your local area.
- To find a licensed service provider in your area select the licence type and the suburb or postcode. To see the business location, click on the name or number of any of the individual businesses given in the search results.
- To find out if your tradie or service provider is licensed, select the licence type as well as the company name or the suburb or postcode.
- If you want to do multiple searches select the Refine Search or New Search buttons at the top of each search results page. DO NOT select the back page button.
- Search results will only show records of licensees that are current. That means that expired licences won't be included in search results, even if a renewal application has been lodged.
- If you can't find your tradie or service provider and believe they are not licensed, please let us know by emailing their details to firstname.lastname@example.org. (For gas and electrical licensing email email@example.com or for plumbers licensing email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you want to make a complaint to us email email@example.com.
- If your query relates to a business name please visit Australian Securities & Investments Commission.
Share this page: