Consumer Protection licence and registration search

Note: This page is best viewed in landscape mode when using a mobile device.

Search for a licensed car repairer, real estate agent, settlement agent, land valuer, car dealer, employment agent, or debt collector.

You can find if an electrician, gasfitter, or plumber is licensed, or contact Building and Energy to find a registered building service provider.

To protect yourself, always use licensed tradies or service providers. 

You can serch by suburb for licensed service providers in your local area.

Refer to the "Register of interstate licensees operating in WA under Automatic Mutual Recognition (AMR)" for interstate license holders who are permitted to carry out activities regulated by the Department under the Automatic Mutual Recognition scheme

Search tips

  • To find a licensed service provider in your area select the licence type and the suburb or postcode. To see the business location, click on the name or number of any of the individual businesses given in the search results.
  • To find out if your tradie or service provider is licensed, select the licence type as well as the company name or the suburb or postcode.
  • If you want to do multiple searches select the Refine Search or New Search buttons at the top of each search results page. DO NOT select the back page button.
  • Search results will only show records of licensees that are current. That means that expired licences won't be included in search results, even if a renewal application has been lodged.
  • If you can't find your tradie or service provider and believe they are not licensed, please let us know by emailing their details to (For gas and electrical licensing email or for plumbers licensing email
  • If you want to make a complaint to us email
  • If your query relates to a business name please visit Australian Securities & Investments Commission.

Share this page:

Last modified: