Infinity electrical cable recall consumer information
Infinity electrical cables were recalled due to safety concerns on 27 August 2014.
If you had electrical work done during 2012 or 2013 to your house, rental or commercial property it is strongly recommended you contact your electrician and ask if they have used this product in your property.
The cables will need to be replaced by your electrician at the suppliers expense. Do not attempt to repair or replace any of the cabling yourself. Always use a licensed electrician, you can use the licence search to check if your contractor is holding a current valid licence. If you have any issues in dealing with your electrician please contact us on 1300 304 054.
ACCC Product Safety videos for Infinity Cables:
Further information, incuding frequently asked questions, is available from:
- Product Safety Australia recalls
- EnergySafety on 6251 1900 or firstname.lastname@example.org (for electrical contractors);
- Consumer Protection – 1300 304 054 or email@example.com (for consumers);
- Building Commission on 1300 489 099 or firstname.lastname@example.org (for builders); or
- Masters and John Danks & Sons Infinity Cable consumer hotline 1300 236 787.
The following Masters stores have been identified as having sold the cable:
- Masters Baldivis
- Masters Bibra Lake
- Masters Ellenbrook
- Masters Forrestdale
Danks has also issued a statement naming several WA retailers that sold the cables between March 2012 and October 2013:
- Cunderdin Farmers Co
- Hedland Home Hardware & Garden
- Kojonup Co
- Mount Lawley Hardware
- Newman Hardware
- Scarboro Hardware
- Tropics Hardware Carnarvon
- Walpole Hardware Supplies
- Waroona Home Timber & Hardware
Share this page: