Residential tenancy regulations review 2012
Status: Closed 17 May 2012
The Residential Tenancies Amendment Act 2011 was passed by the Western Australian Parliament in November 2011. The act will substantially amend existing tenancy obligations under the Residential Tenancies Act 1987.
The Act was the result of extensive research and consultation with landlords, tenants, real estate agents, peak associations and relevant government agencies.
Before the new tenancy laws can be implemented, regulations to support these new laws need to be drafted.
The purpose of the consultation paper is to consult with key stakeholders on the more substantial regulations.
The consultation paper addresses five key issues:
- the content and form of the prescribed residential tenancy agreement;
- the minimum content for mandatory property condition reports;
- the amount of the capped option fee;
- clarifying the minimum security obligations for residential rental premises; and
- clarifying which urgent repairs should be considered essential services.
Information on current legislation can be found at the State Law Publisher
Share this page: