Serious damage or injury - rental disputes

If the tenant is causing or is likely to cause serious damage to a property, or where relevant, common areas or chattels within a common area, or the landlord believes they could injure an agent, a neighbour or the landlord, the landlord can apply immediately to the Magistrates Court for an order to end the agreement.

An urgent hearing may be possible if the court has a date available. The landlord would need to check this with the Magistrates Court. Visit the Notices section for information on serving notices and using the Magistrates Court. 

Last modified: