Vehicle costs and finance
Remember that the advertised price of a car is not your only cost.
Some other compulsory and standard charges you need to be aware of are:
- Vehicle licence fees - paid when the vehicle is licensed;
- Dealer's delivery charge - for buyers of new cars;
- Government motor vehicle stamp duty - for buyers of new and used cars;
- Transfer fee - for buyers of used cars; and
- Vehicle inspection fee (if vehicle unlicensed).
You may also have to budget for:
- the cost of borrowing money;
- any optional extras you might want, eg. an extended warranty; and
- the cost of a pre-purchase mechanical inspection.
Consider ongoing costs to run and maintain your vehicle such as:
- Fuel, services, spare parts, repairs; and
- Roadside assistance membership (optional).
Share this page: