eNotice provides a facility for users to amend a notice they have previously lodged, if considered necessary.
A lodged Notice of Completion (NOC) is a legal document certified by a Gas Fitter. Any change required to a lodged NOC can only legally be certified by the same Gas Fitter.
Guidelines for amendment
The need to amend a lodged notice is the sole discretion of the person who certified and lodged the notice. However, the following guidelines are provided to assist in making this decision.
Amendment of a lodged NOC is not recommended where a variation is not significant from a compliance viewpoint - for example:
- simple spelling errors; or
- inaccurate details for a builder.
Amendment is recommended where an error in the lodged NOC is important to defining what has been certified on the notice, including (but not limited to):
- inaccurate Gas Supplier;
- premise address;
- details of completed work;
- answers to compliance declaration questions;
- gas fitter licence number;
- date of completion; or
- where a NOC has been lodged in error, such as:
- duplication of a previously lodged notice (for the same work); or
- accidental premature lodgement.
Further information on amending a lodged notice can be found on the frequently asked questions page.