Getting help with underpayments

This page is for: 
Employee / worker

This page tells you how to get help if you think you have been underpaid.  

The information on this page assumes you have worked out which of the two industrial relations systems which operate in WA covers your employer and your job. If not, please read the Work out which industrial relations system covers your job page first.

 wa_image_small.jpg State system employees

If you are in the state system visit the Making a complaint about underpayment of wages and entitlements page or call Wageline on 1300 655 266 to find out how make a complaint about unpaid wages or leave entitlements.

 australia_image_small.jpg National system employees

If you are in the national system:

  • Visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website or call 13 13 94 to get help if you believe you have been underpaid wages or leave (except long service leave) under a national modern award, federal agreement or the National Employment Standards in the Fair Work Act.
  • Visit the Making a complaint about underpayment of wages and entitlements page to learn how to lodge a long service leave underpayment complaint if you believe you have not been paid a long service leave entitlement under the Long Service Leave Act.


Visit the Australian Tax Office website to seek help with unpaid superannuation.

tick_icon.png Need more information? 

The How to check your pay and get help with underpayments fact sheet tells you about:

  • how to work out the minimum pay rate you should be paid for the work that you are doing; and
  • how to seek help if you think that you have not been paid correctly.


Next page - Reporting wage theft anonymously

Share this page:

Last modified: