This information is only relevant to employers and employees in the WA state industrial relations system – sole traders, unincorporated partnerships, unincorporated trusts and some incorporated or not for profit organisations. Find out more on the Guide to who is in the WA state system page.
If you operate or are employed by a Pty Ltd business – you can find information on this topic on the Fair Work Ombudsman website.
About this page:
This page helps state system employers with how to stay informed about their employment obligations .
Contact Wageline with queries about employment obligations
Call Wageline on 1300 655 266. Wageline is open to answer your questions:
- 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- 9am to 4.30pm Tuesday
State system employers can call Wageline for answers to questions about:
- pay rates, leave entitlements, hour of work and other employment conditions for employees covered by WA awards and award free employees;
- employer obligations when an employee resigns, is dismissed or made redundant;
- long service leave for employees working in Western Australia – except those working in the construction industry (contact MyLeave); and
- how old children must be to work in specific jobs or industries in Western Australia.
Subscribe to Wageline News
WA state system employers and employees can subscribe to Wageline News to get employment information sent direct to your inbox each month. Stay informed on:
- increases to the state minimum wage and WA award rates of pay;
- changes to key WA awards; and
- critical issues employers need to know to comply with state employment laws.
Connect with Wageline on social media
Like and follow our social media pages for information and updates on state employment laws, including minimum pay rates, public holidays, long service leave, wage theft and changes to WA award wages and conditions. We also share the outcomes of our regular, proactive compliance investigations.
Like Wageline on Facebook
Follow Wageline on Instagram
Follow Wageline on Twitter