Where to get the right employment information

This page is for: 
Employee / workerEmployer

This page helps employers and employees find employment information.

The information on this page assumes you have worked out which of the two industrial relations systems which operate in WA covers a particular business or organisation. If not, please read the Guide to who is in the state system page first.

Where to find the right employment information

wa_image_small.jpgIf you are in the state system:

The Wageline website has information on pay, working hours and leave entitlements.

  • Find out whether a WA award applies by visiting the Finding the right pay rate page or calling Wageline on 1300 655 266. Wageline's WA award summaries detail pay rates and working arrangements for key awards. 
  • If no WA award applies, most employees are entitled to the WA minimum rate of pay and leave entitlements in the Minimum Conditions of Employment Act. Find the minimum pay rates on the Minimum pay rates for award free employees page.
  • Visit the Long service leave section of the website for long service leave information.
  • Call Wageline on 1300 655 266.

Local Government

  • Western Australian local government employers and employees now operate in the state industrial relations system. Refer to the Local government fact sheet for more information.
  • Questions about pay rates, working hours, rostering and leave:
    • under the Local Government Officers Award or the Municipal Employees Award - View Wageline’s WA award summary or contact Wageline on 1300 655 266.
    • under an industrial agreement, or a new State instrument (for local government employers that transferred from the national system to the state system on 1 January 2023) – Contact the human resources area of the local government.
  • Long service leave entitlements for most local government employees in WA come from the Local Government (Long Service Leave) Regulations. Contact the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries on 1300 762 511 or email lghotline@dlgsc.wa.gov.au

Public sector employees

  • Contact the human resources area of your employing agency. If you are not satisfied after approaching human resources, you may wish to contact a grievance officer or follow your agency’s dispute resolution procedure.
  • The Long service leave - Who is covered page has information about who is covered by the WA Long Service Leave Act 1958, including information for state public sector employees.

australia_image_small.jpg If you are in the national system:

  • Visit the Fair Work Ombudsman website for information on pay rates, working hours and leave entitlements (except for long service leave) or call the Fair Work Ombudsman on 13 13 94.
  • Visit the Long service leave section of the Wageline website or call Wageline on 1300 655 266 for long service information.


For superannuation information visit the Australian Taxation Office website for information on superannuation entitlements.


Share this page:

Last modified: