2021 Work Health and Safety Excellence Awards - Finalists announced
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety would like to acknowledge the finalists of the Work Health and Safety Excellence Awards 2021. These awards recognise outstanding solutions and innovations to specific workplace health and safety problems in Western Australia. Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on 22 October 2021 at Optus Stadium.
The event is free however registration is required. To reserve your spot register online.
Work health and safety invention of the year – this category recognises development of plant/equipment and/or infrastructure to enhance health and safety.
Finalists in the Work health and safety invention of the year category;
- BHP – Dash tools – By BHP
- BHP in partnership with Ausdrill, Sitech and Autorun – Automated sampling rock commander
- Heat Trap Solar Pty Ltd – Safety shower recirculation technology
- St John of God Subiaco Hospital – The SoterShoulder
Best solution to a work health and safety risk – this category recognises innovation, implementation and/or design of systems or procedures to improve health and safety.
Finalists in the Best solution to a work health and safety risk category:
- AMCAP Distribution Centre – Safer delivery of maintenance parts through integrated kitting solutions
- AngloGold Ashanti Australia – Hydraulic belt feeder retraction system
- Metso Outotec – Erectable work platform
- Monadelphous – SPMT Davit Arm
- Q H & M Birt – Mitigating speed related mobile plant incidents
- Rio Tinto – Reducing WHS exposure risks with IoT technology
- Rio Tinto Iron Ore in partnership with United Forklift and Access Solutions and Otraco – Tyre handler safety solution
- Work Management Solutions – WMSHealth app – Managing potential exposure and transmission of COVID-19 in the workplace
Best workplace health and wellbeing initiative – this category recognises an organisations commitment to the health and wellbeing of their workforce.
Finalists in the Best workplace health and wellbeing initiative category:
- AECOM Australia Pty Ltd
- Byrnecut – SAFE 360º
- Child and Adolescent Health Service (CAHS) – Wellbeing approach at CAHS – Encompassing the 5 pillars of health and 5 ways of wellbeing
- CITIC Pacific Mining – SinoStory podcast series
- City of Rockingham – Introduction of targeted mental health support
- Mineral Resources Ltd – PCR COVID-19 screening program
- Woodside Energy Ltd – Wellbeing initiative to support people, protect mental health and promote wellbeing
Leadership excellence award – this category recognises an organisations excellence in leadership in improving health and safety in the workplace.
Finalists in the Leadership excellence award category:
- Breight Group – Breight Education Training Centre
- Chandler Macleod – We are all Safety Leaders: Merger of two historic Australian recruitment organisations
- Clough – Major Accident Prevention (MAP) Program
- Fastbrick Robotics (FBR)– FBR Hadrian X – Robotic bricklayer
Safety and health representative of the year – this category recognises an elected safety and health representative who has made a significant contribution and demonstrate difference to safety and health in the workplace.
Finalists in the SHRep of the year category:
- Owen Ash – South32
- Bruce Atkinson – Department of Education
- Aaron Bailey – Perth Airport
- Garry Barnes – Corruption and Crime Commission (CCC)
- Kurt Bauer – City of Rockingham
- Garry Bronca – Kimberley Ports Authority
- Naomi Elbrow – Woodside Energy Ltd
Share this page: