Apply for or renew a high risk work licence
WorkSafe Licensing Services is currently experiencing an unprecedented volume of high risk work licence applications. If you have not been contacted within 42 days of lodging your application, please have the details of the credit card used for payment handy prior to contacting us, so that we can locate the receipt.
We thank you for your patience during this time.
Use the application guide to find out how to apply for a high risk work licence.
- Application form - Application for a licence to perform high risk work
- Application form - Application for replacement licence, registration or accreditation document
- Renew your licence online
- Replacing a lost, stolen or destroyed licence or accreditation document
Please refer to the Licensing fees page for fees related to your licence.
Transfer of Interstate High Risk Work Licences
If you hold a current High Risk Work Licence (HRWL) in another State or Territory, you are able to apply to transfer that licence to Western Australia at any in point in time. This is known as an ‘Interstate Transfer’.
You may also apply for an Interstate Transfer if:
- your Interstate licence is due for renewal and you want to obtain a WA licence (renew up to 3 months before expiry, or up to 12 months after expiry);
- you hold an HRWL in WA and another State/Territory, in different classes of high risk work, and you want to hold only one HRWL from WA; or
- you completed an HRWL assessment in WA, and already hold an HRWL in another State/Territory with other classes of high risk work, but want to hold a single licence in WA.
In all cases, you will be required to complete the Application for a licence to perform high risk work ensuring the relevant information is provided, pay the relevant fee(s), and lodge the application to WorkSafe Licensing, via post or in person.
A WA HRWL will not be issued in a given class of high risk work, if you already hold an HRWL in another State/Territory of the same class of high risk work.
If you require additional information in relation to the above, please contact Licensing Services:
- Phone: 1300 424 091
- Email: email@example.com
Share this page: