Can I transfer my interstate licence to Western Australia?

This page is for: 
Employee / workerEmployer

A current high risk work licence may be used anywhere in Australia regardless of which state or territory it was issued in.

There is no requirement to apply to transfer a high risk work licence to work in WA.  However, if you wish to apply for a WA high risk work licence, and you already hold a high risk work licence from another state or territory, that interstate licence must be cancelled before a Western Australian licence can be issued.

Your Western Australian high risk work licence will authorise you to perform all previously-approved classes of high risk work.

You can transfer an interstate licence providing it is current and has not expired.  To determine whether your licence is current, check the expiry date on the front of the card or call the authority that issued your interstate licence.

If your licence is current you will need to complete an application form and submit it to WorkSafe, by post or in person, together with a copy of your High Risk Work Licence.

Share this page:

Last modified: