High risk work licenses - Toolkits and further information
- Important information for forklift operators
- Important information for multipurpose machine operators (e.g. telescopic handlers, multipurpose/integrated tool carriers)
- Supervision of persons doing high risk work
- Certificates of competency
- Dogging licence - Applying slinging techniques and use of judgement
- Licence requirements for operators of bridge or gantry cranes
- Application forms
- Licence to perform high risk work - This form covers new licences, additional class(es), transferring an interstate licence and replacement of a lost, stolen or damaged licence
- Licence to perform high risk work - Renewal (WorkSafe will send you a renewal form when your High Risk Work Licence is due to be renewed)
Supervision of persons doing high risk work
The regulations allow trainees to be provided with high risk work experience at the workplace providing the trainee is enrolled to do the training in that particular class of high risk work and is supervised by a person who holds a high risk work licence for that class of work. It is also expected that the trainee will be working under a timetable with the aim of achieving a satisfactory assessment of competency and making an application for the relevant licence to perform high risk work.
People who do not hold an HRW licence or are not undergoing the appropriate training are no longer be able to do high risk work, even under the supervision of a person who holds a relevant licence.
Certificates of competency
Share this page: