How do I add a new class(es) to my existing High Risk Work Licence?

This page is for: 
Employee / workerEmployer

You will need to be trained in the new class of work by a Registered Training Organisation and assessed by a WorkSafe Registered Assessor.  You can find a list of assessors, who are affiliated with a Registered Training Organisation, on our website. 

At the completion of your training and assessment, for your new class(es) of high risk work, your Registered Training Organisation will show you how to apply to WorkSafe to have your new class(es) added to your existing High Risk Work Licence.  

You should lodge your application within 60 days of the date on your notice of satisfactory assessment for that class.

Once your new class(es) has been added to your existing High Risk Work Licence you will be able to work in multiple occupations on a single licence.

The licence is valid for 5 years starting from the date of issue of the first High Risk Work Licence class endorsed on the licence. 

If you wish to add a new class of work to a high risk work licence issued in another state or territory, but the training has been assessed by a WorkSafe Registered Assessor in Western Australia, you will first need to transfer your interstate licence to Western Australia.

Share this page:

Last modified: