How do I apply for a Demolition class 1, 2 or 3 licence?
A licence is required in Western Australia for certain types of demolition works. Only a licence holder or an employee of a licence holder may carry out this type of work.
Each licence in valid for a period of two years and is endorsed with a number of conditions that relate to the way demolition work is carried out.
Potential applicants should read the ‘Guidelines for applicants for a demolition licence’ prior to applying for a licence.
The application must include:
- Application form;
- Application fee;
- Statement of recent and relevant experience (you must have a minimum of 3 substantial jobs over the past 5 years in the class in which you’re applying)
- Signed conditions of the Demolition Licence
- Proof that the applicant has been trained in safe methods of demolition by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) registered by the Western Australian Training Accreditation Council (TAC);
- Occupational Safety and Health Management Plan – Addressing the following: Management Commitment – Planning – Consultation – Hazard Management - Training;
The applicant will be subject to assessment and verification by WorkSafe, to ensure the information, documentation and knowledge meets all necessary criteria based on:
- Satisfactory statement of experience in demolition work. At least one person must have adequate experience at supervisory level in demolition work. Note: experience that was obtained unlawfully i.e. not under a demolition licence holder, will not be considered;
- References which confirm you have the necessary experience, as stated in your Statement of Experience, and which have been subject to verification by WorkSafe;
- Safety management plan covering the set requirements which have been subject to verification by WorkSafe.
- Australian Standard AS 2601–2001 The Demolition of Structures;
- The relevant parts of the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996;
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984;
- Safe working methods relating to demolition work;
- Other relevant training/qualifications
The licence holder/competent person must notify WorkSafe when:
A person who wishes to do class 1, class 2 or class 3 demolition work, in a manner that would be in accordance with AS 2601, is to notify the Commissioner at least 5 working days before the work is intended to begin.
- Demolition licence application guide
- Application for a demolition licence
- Notification of demolition
The following fees are current as of 1 July 2019 until 30 June 2020. Please note: No GST is payable on fees.
- Class 1 Demolition Licence: $6,850.00
- Class 2 Demolition Licence: $4,455.00
- Class 3 Demolition Licence: $3,364.00
Share this page: