How do I apply for a Demolition class 1, 2 or 3 licence?

This page is for: 
Employee / workerEmployer

A licence is required in Western Australia for certain types of demolition works.  Only a licence holder or an employee of a licence holder may carry out this type of work.

Each licence in valid for a period of two years and is endorsed with a number of conditions that relate to the way demolition work is carried out.

To obtain a Class 1, 2 or 3 Demolition Licence a person must apply to the Director, Business Services, WorkSafe Business Centre, for a demolition licence. 

The application must include: 

  • Application form
  • Application fee
  • Current company extract
  • Statement of recent and relevant experience
  • Signed conditions of the Demolition Licence
  • Two written references 
  • Proof that the applicant has been trained in safe methods of demolition by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) registered by the Western Australian Training Accreditation Council (TAC); 
  • Occupational Safety and Health Management Plan – Addressing the following: Management Commitment – Planning – Consultation – Hazard Management - Training

The applicant will be subject to assessment and verification by WorkSafe, to ensure the information, documentation and knowledge meets all necessary criteria based on:

The licence holder/competent person must notify WorkSafe when:

A person who wishes to do class 1, class 2 or class 3 demolition work, in a manner that would be in accordance with AS 2601, is to notify the Commissioner at least 5 working days before the work is intended to begin.



Please note: No GST is payable on fees

  • Class 1 Demolition Licence: $6,523.65
  • Class 2 Demolition Licence: $4,243.05
  • Class 3 Demolition Licence: $3,203.55

New fees and charges will come into effect on 1 July 2019

Share this page:

Last modified: