Mental health and legal helplines

There are many support services and resources that are available to the public and it is important to remember to contact them should you require personal assistance. Here are a list of legal and mental health help lines.

If you are experiencing health problems, please seek medical advice from your General Practitioner (GP).

Mental health help lines

If you have mental health concerns, you could contact one of the following helplines or organisations. Your local general practitioner may also be of assistance.

Mental Health Emergency Response Line

For  a psychiatric emergency assessment and advisory service – 24 hours/7 days 
Phone: (08) 9224 8888, 1300 555 788 (Perth metropolitan area) or 1300 676 822 (Peel Region) 


For telephone crisis support – 24 hours/7 days
Phone: 13 11 14

Crisis Care Helpline

For telephone crisis support – 24 hours/7 days 
Phone: 9223 1111 (Perth) 1800 199 008 (Statewide)

Samaritans Crisis Line 

For telephone crisis support – 24 hours/7 days
Phone: 135247 or 1800 198 313 (country callers)

Kids Helpline

For a counselling service for those aged 5-25 yrs – 24 hours/7 days 
Phone: 1800 551 800


For information, support and referrals for men – 24 hours/7 days 
Phone: 1300 789 978 

Parenting WA line

For information and support on parenting – 24 hours/ 7 days 
Phone: 1800 654 432  or 6279 1200


For information on depression, anxiety and related disorders and treatments and referrals
Phone: 1300 224 636
Website: Beyondblue

SANE helpline

For general information on symptoms on mental illness –  9am-5pm EST, Monday-Friday 
Phone: 1800 187 263
Website: SANE

AnglicareWA Relationship Services (KinWay)

For relationship counselling including bullying

There are offices in various locations in Western Australia. For telephone numbers, go to the website Anglicare 

Centre Care

For counselling services at offices in various parts of Western Australia. For telephone numbers, go to the website Centre Care

Relationships Australia, Western Australia

For counselling services in various parts of Western Australia  
Phone: 1300 364 277
Website: Relationships Australia

Mates in Construction

Support agency specific to the building and construction industry

Website:  Mates in Construction

Legal help lines

If you need legal advice, you could call one of the following organisations

Circle Green Community Legal

For free, confidential legal advice, further assistance and referrals to employees

Website: Circle Green Community Legal

Legal Aid WA

For basic information and general advice on employment related issues. 

Phone: 1300 650 579
Website: Legal Aid WA

Share this page:

Last modified: