MON 1 - Notice of information about mine operator

This page is for: 
Employee / workerEmployer

Notices for becoming a mine operator at a mine, changing the mine operator at a mine or updating details of a mine operator. This applies at mine where mining is conducted and also where only exploration operations are conducted. 

Link to document 

Who is responsible for the notification?

The person who is the prospective mine operator of a mine must provide notice to the regulator that they are to be the mine operator.

If there is a change to the person who is the mine operator for the mine the new mine operator muse give the regulator notice of the change no later than 7 days after the change.

If there is a change in documentation or information of the mine operator, other than a change in mine operator, notice must be given to the regulator no later than 7 days after the change.

Refer to r. 675ZD of the Work Health and Safety (Mines) Regulations 2022.

Required information

Information required to be provided as part of this notice includes:

  • Information requested via SRS submission portal and the applicable pro forma,
  • Persons name and address,
  • If the mine operator is a partnership, syndicate, or other association of persons, names and addresses of all persons are required,
  • Date of change of mine operator,
  • Updated information or documentation,
  • Any relevant information or documentation requested by the regulator or the person deems relevant. 

Depending on the nature of the mining operation, only the relevant part(s) of the application need to be completed. However, the items must be addressed in sufficient detail for the application to be properly assessed.

Additional information may be requested or a notice issued to the relevant person after the application is lodged under r.675UI.

Lodging the application

All applications must be submitted through the SRS Submissions module

After successful lodgement via SRS, the notice will be reviewed.

An SRS Company Administrator (CA) or a Company Representative (CR) can enter information into SRS. The CA can assign the role of CR to any person(s) you nominate to liaise with the Department regarding the submission.

Further information

Further information is available at Safety Regulation System (SRS) 

Who can I contact?

For SRS queries:

SRS Manager
Phone: 1300 307 877

Last modified: