Once WorkSafe has received the election notification form, your details will be entered into our database. We will then send you a registration kit which includes:
- a letter of confirmation of registration; and
- an ID card.
Terms of office
Safety and health representatives are elected for a term of two years to represent employees in an area, workplace or group determined during consultation before the election.
Safety and health representatives also cease to hold their positions if they:
- Leave their job
- Resign from the position
- Transfer from the area they were elected to represent: or
- Are disqualified by the Occupational Safety and Health Tribunal.
In any of these circumstances, either the employer or the safety and health representative should notify WorkSafe so the database can be updated.
- Safety and health representative election notification and registration form
- Safety and Health Representatives Handbook hard copies of this publication can be obtained by contacting WorkSafe firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this page: