What kinds of plant requires registration or re-registration?
Schedule 4.2 of the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations require the following individual items of plant to be registered. [Regulations 4.14, 4.15 and 4.34(2)]
- Amusement structures within the scope of AS 3533 other than Class 1 devices.
- Boilers categorised as hazard level A, B or C according to the criteria set out in AS 4343.
- Building maintenance units.
- Mobile cranes, other than tow trucks, with a safe working load greater than 10 tonnes.
- Pressure vessels categorised as hazard level A, B or C according to the criteria set out in AS 4343, but not —
- gas cylinders to which AS 2030 applies;
- LP gas fuel vessels for automotive use to which AS/NZS 3509 applies; and
- serially produced vessels to which AS 2971 applies
- Tower cranes.
- Truck mounted concrete placing units with booms .
Item of plant registration Table of plant details
Use this table when filling out Section 2 of Application 101: Registration or re-registration of an item of plant.
|Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996|
|Kind of Plant (Schedule 4.2)||Plant type|
|Amusement structure||Inflatable structure|
|Patron operated ride|
|Rail based ride|
|Water based ride|
|Building maintenance unit||Building maintenance unit|
|Lift||Passenger and goods lift - Electric|
|Passenger and goods lift - Hydraulic|
|Special purpose industrial lift|
|Lift for persons with limited mobility - Manually powered|
|Low-rise platform for passengers|
|Low-rise passenger lift - Non-automatically controlled|
|Lift for persons with limited mobility - Automatically controlled|
|Lift for people with limited mobility - Water-drive|
|Mobile crane||Articulated crane|
|Trailer mounted crane|
|Truck mounted crane|
|Vehicle self loading crane|
|Pressure vessel||Air receiver|
|Tower crane||Articulated jib crane|
|Trolley jib crane|
|Truck-mounted concrete placing unit with boom|
Share this page: