What kinds of plant requires registration or re-registration?
Our offices will close from Monday 24 December 2018 and will reopen on Thursday 3 January 2019. For urgent assistance during that period you can contact us.
Schedule 4.2 of the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations require the following individual items of plant to be registered. [Regulations 4.14, 4.15 and 4.34(2)]
- Amusement structures within the scope of AS 3533 other than Class 1 devices.
- Boilers categorised as hazard level A, B or C according to the criteria set out in AS 4343.
- Building maintenance units.
- Mobile cranes, other than tow trucks, with a safe working load greater than 10 tonnes.
- Pressure vessels categorised as hazard level A, B or C according to the criteria set out in AS 4343, but not —
- gas cylinders to which AS 2030 applies;
- LP gas fuel vessels for automotive use to which AS/NZS 3509 applies; and
- serially produced vessels to which AS 2971 applies
- Tower cranes.
- Truck mounted concrete placing units with booms .
Item of plant registration Table of plant details
Use this table when filling out Section 2 of Application 101: Registration or re-registration of an item of plant.
|Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996|
|Kind of Plant (Schedule 4.2)||Plant type|
|Amusement structure||Inflatable structure|
|Patron operated ride|
|Rail based ride|
|Water based ride|
|Building maintenance unit||Building maintenance unit|
|Lift||Passenger and goods lift - Electric|
|Passenger and goods lift - Hydraulic|
|Special purpose industrial lift|
|Lift for persons with limited mobility - Manually powered|
|Low-rise platform for passengers|
|Low-rise passenger lift - Non-automatically controlled|
|Lift for persons with limited mobility - Automatically controlled|
|Lift for people with limited mobility - Water-drive|
|Mobile crane||Articulated crane|
|Trailer mounted crane|
|Truck mounted crane|
|Vehicle self loading crane|
|Pressure vessel||Air receiver|
|Tower crane||Articulated jib crane|
|Trolley jib crane|
|Truck-mounted concrete placing unit with boom|
Share this page: