Announcement for gas eNotice users
Regulation 28 of the Gas Standards (Gasfitting and Consumer Gas Installations) Regulations 1999 (the Regulations) requires a registered gasfitter to attach an approved badge or label in an approved place on completion of the gasfitting work. Subregulation 28 (6) provides for the Director of Energy Safety (the Director) to exempt a registered gasfitter from this requirement in a particular case or class of case. The following policy is effective from 16 April 2018.
The Director has determined that subregulation (2) does not apply if:
- an eNotice is submitted; and
- the gas installation, domestic or commercial, is supplied with natural gas.
For clarity, an approved badge is still required to be attached in accordance with subregulation 28 (2) to an installation in the following cases:
- if a paper-based Notice of Completion is submitted;
- all LP Gas installations (domestic, commercial and industrial);
- all industrial natural gas installations;
- marine craft;
- mobile catering installations; and
- LP Gas, Forklift, CNG, and LNG mobile vehicle installations.
To register for eNotice or for further information visit the gas eNotice web page.
Share this page: