Altering the objects of the association

Altering the objects or purposes is also done by passing a special resolution using the same process as detailed above.

The Commissioner is required by the Act to approve the change to the objects or purposes. Should the Commissioner refuse to approve an alteration of the objects and purposes, the association may  apply to the State Administrative Tribunal (SAT) within 28 days of receiving notice of the refusal to request a review of the decision of the Commissioner. Further information is available on the SAT’s website.