What happens if the application is not approved?

The Commissioner for Consumer Protection will not incorporate an association if it would be more appropriate to carry out its activities as a body corporate incorporated under some other law or the incorporation is against the public interest.

If the application is not approved the association can apply to the State Administrative Tribunal (SAT) for a review of the decision of the Commissioner. 

State Administrative Tribunal

Postal Address: GPO Box U1991 Perth WA 6845
Telephone: (08) 9219 3111 or 1300 306 017
Website: www.sat.justice.wa.gov.au 
Email: Contact SAT by email