Building and energy consumer information
- Licence search
Make sure your tradesperson is licensed.
- Building or renovating your home
Information on building or renovating your home or small commercial building and becoming an owner-builder.
- Residual current devices (RCDs) / safety switches
Learn more about RCDs, what they look like, the laws, and how to test.
- What should I do if my building work is unfinished?
Information for consumers on delays, financial difficulty, and insolvency.
- Safe use of electricity
Using electrical appliances safely.
- Safe use of gas
Using gas and gas appliances safely.
- Building in bush fire areas
Construction requirements for building or renovating in bush fire prone areas.
- European House Borer
Details on how to identify and treat European House Borer.
How to ensure a new building or renovation is energy and water efficient.
- Having plumbing work done
Consumer information on hiring a plumber.