Exemption from the requirement to attach a badge or label
Regulation 28 of the Gas Standards (Gasfitting and Consumer Gas Installations) Regulations 1999 requires a registered gasfitter to attach an approved badge or label in an approved place on completion of gasfitting work.
Subregulation 28 (6) provides for the Director of Energy Safety to exempt a registered gasfitter from this requirement in a particular case or class of case.
The Director has determined that subregulation (2) and (3) do not apply if:
- an eNotice is submitted; and
- the gas installation, domestic or commercial, is supplied with natural gas.
An approved badge is still required to be attached to an installation in accordance with subregulation (2) in the following cases:
- all LP Gas installations (domestic, commercial and industrial);
- all Industrial natural gas installations;
- marine craft;
- mobile catering installations; and
- LP Gas, Forklift ,CNG, LNG - mobile vehicle installations.
Share this page: