External Links

Education providers

Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) deliver the course(s) required to qualify you for an occupational licence or registration. RTOs are approved by training.gov.au, which is the National Register of Vocational Education and Training (VET) in Australia.

To find a training provider follow the link, myskills.gov.au, and enter the prescribed course or unit code. A list of training providers (RTOs) delivering that course will be provided.

To become registered as a Building Practitioner you must have completed CPC50210 Diploma in Building and Construction (Building). Please be aware that the units required for registration as a Building Practitioner are not delivered by all approved RTOs.

For detailed information on the course(s) and specific units required to be completed before applying for an occupational licence or registration refer to Licensing and registration and owner-builder approval and select the relevant occupation. 

Refer to Licensing of electrical workers and electrical contractors for information on obtaining an electrical licence.

Refer to Licensing of gas fitters for information on obtaining a gasfitting licence.

For information on becoming a regsitered painting practitioner or painting contractor refer to Painters' registration overview

Plumbers licensing provides an overview on the different plumbers licences available.

Industry associations

Home Indemnity Insurance (HII) providers

Legal services

Regulatory bodies/statutory authorities

Licensing in other States and Territories



Last modified: